Thursday, June 15, 2006

Good Times

I apologize for not updating you on how my summer has been going... oops. But, here's a brief recap so far.

So far, I have really enjoyed my work experience at Eel & Poorman. I have been given really interesting and challenging projects (not challenging for a real, full time lawyer, but for someone like me who doesn't really know much, they are challenging) and the people are really nice. Even better, so far, all of my projects have gotten very positive feedback (knock on the fake wood of my desk).

As far as my work goes, yesterday was a really good day. In my first or second week I was given a research project for a motion in a big litigation case that is going to trial next week. So, like all lowly Summer Associates, I did the research as best I could, wrote up a memo and submitted it... hoping that it might actually be useful. Flash forward a couple weeks when our firm actually filed its motion (actually a response to a motion by the other side), and there in the motion was much of what I had written in my memo, some of it word for word. "Cool!" I thought, not only did they say they liked my memo, but they actually used some of my work product so I couldn't suck too bad. Flash forward to yesterday, when the judge's order came out. Not only did the judge rule in our client's favor, but the order used language that started in my memo (albeit changed slightly from its trip through the judge's computer after sliding through our firm's motion). Lame and insignificant as it is, this was very exciting for me.

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

get krunk wit it



feels good, doesnt it?

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bored! Entertain me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home