Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Martha Stewart Tip O' the Day

In case you didn't know ('cause I didn't), if you get a greasy stain on your brand-new work shirt which you just bought the day before from picking up your sunglasses after you dropped them under your car, but which you don't notice until someone points it out to you at work, apparently Handi Wipes work to remove most of the stain so that it isn't so freakin' noticable to the people you are trying to get an offer for employment from. Nice little tip for you there.

Oh, and what is the deal with only ONE of my grades being in. Come on! At least one other class (the one with only 18-20 students where the exam was almost four weeks ago!) should be in by now! This is unacceptable!

5 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many people have been turning in petitions? Is it up or down from last year?

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do people leave comments about the petition when the post has NOTHING to do with it??? Seriously, former-1Ls, it's summer--enjoy it, as you only have 2 summers (max) of freedom left!

Oh, and UM, I share your frustration about grades. Like for BA/Corps--half of it was scantron, for cryin' out loud!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

Anonymous, I can't really say for sure, because I have only checked in at the office once since petitions are starting to be returned. But, judging from the little I saw, it looks like between 25-35% of the people who picked the petition up decided not to complete the petition. Around 235 picked it up, so that works out to anywhere between 150 to 200 that will actually be turned in. That sounds about the same as last year.

Jen, spoken like someone who didn't petition last year. It's stressful, so I don't blame the ickle firsties for being anxious. And about BA Corps, I had forgotten that it was half scantron. I guess being a sucky teacher also equates to being a sucky grader.

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's start a petition to get the Admin grades in. Seriously, the rest of my profs were totally on the ball this semester - but still I wait impatiently for the last one to roll in...

Also, for all of us poor folks who get to spend 2 weeks grading these damn petitions, when should we expect to be receiving them? And if we are in Msp, do we have to pick them up? I apologize - I really blocked out whatever the two of you said about this (not intentionally). And do we have do the BB stuff, or are you guys doing that? Wow, I have absolutely no recollection about this...scary.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

Megan, you'll get no sympathy from me. I have one (*ONE*) grade in so far... and that was for an all-scantron test.

As for the petition, if you're in the Twin Cities, you have to pick it up, unless you can't for some reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home