Saturday, May 13, 2006

Final Pick-Ups: Statistically Speaking, My Worst Ever

I had my last final today in my "Statistics for Lawyers" class... and it was brutal. I think it's because I didn't do any pick-up lines for it, so to appease the corny-joke gods, I will post them retroactively... and hope that will be enough to make the deity of grading happy.

"I've got a hypothesis to test." [Look closer at her] "Yep, you are definitely hot."

"I can say with a 99.9% confidence level that I will please you tonight."

"There may a negative correlation between the number of Apple-tinis I have and my elloquence, but you look good."

That's it for pick-ups until December. Enjoy the end of your school years! 3Ls, Congratulations on graduating! 1Ls, congratulations on getting through your first year! 2Ls, congratulations on... well, becoming 3Ls I guess.

8 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger tessa said...

UM,

What are you doing take a "statistics for lawyers" class?! Not to knock you (we all need some easy courses sometimes) but that sounds pretty weenie for a (former) engineer - didn't you at least take Stat 305 in undergrad? Was there anything law-related in it or was it just a re-hash of basic statistics?

Then again, I can't really talk since I managed to squeak out of 305 with a B- and statistics stuff (more so than 90% of my mechanical engineering courses) seems to come up in my current job ALL the time.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

Tess,

I did take Stat 305... and did pretty well in it (in fact, I used my old Stat 305 textbook to help me study for the final, because it was way better than my current textbook).

And if you know why I took the stats course (easy course), than why are you asking about it? Actually, I took it more as a refresher course (it's been several years since my undergrad Stats course), and I was hoping the "for Lawyers" would actually be true. But it was really just a statistics course. *Sigh*

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger tessa said...

UM,

I'm just a victim/perpetuator of the "engineers are better than everyone else" syndrome :-)that some of us like to delude ourselves with and (not like I know anything about law school)I was just surprised that such a non-law class like that is offered.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eloquent has one "L." Just FYI.

 
At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my petition packet today and read the directions, and it says that if I do any outside research, even if it's unrelated to the topic, you'll all kick my asses (well, I'm paraphrasing). Does this mean I can't get my daily Lexis/WestLaw points, or is it referring to something else?

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, I meant "my ass." I only have one.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

You can get your Lexis points... unless the "Fact or Fiction" is on the same topic.

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home