Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Petition Mailing Arrangements

If you are a 1L or a 2L planning on petitioning for Minnesota journals and you want to have the petition mailed to you, don't forget:

MAILING ARRANGEMENTS MUST BE MADE IN THE LAW REVIEW OFFICE BY THE END OF THIS WEEK1

So, if you will be petitioning, but will be out of town and don't want to have to pick up the petition (and thus start your clock running) before you leave, you MUST make mailing arrangements by Friday, April 28. This includes:2
1) Getting an envelope large enough for the petition to be mailed in (a #12 envelope from the West Bank Skyway Post Office is the right size)
2) Going over to the West Bank Skyway Post Office (between Willey and Blegen Halls) to get the Example Law School Petition weighed, and buying the applicable postage to wherever you want the petition mailed
3) Bringing the envelope, with the correct postage attached and the enveloped addressed, to the Law Review Office
4)Sign in on the desk in the Law Review office and give your self-addressed, postage-paid envelope to the secretary.

Failure to follow these instructions TO THE LETTER3 will result in you NOT receiving a petition, and thus NOT being able to join a journal.

And since I know not all the 1Ls and 2Ls read this blog (like they should... that's a bad 1L!), so those of you who do, please remind your friends.4

OK, rant over.

1Yes, this week... like, BY FRIDAY.
2Forgive me for writing this out like you are a four-year-old, but no-one is going to tell me "I didn't know how to do it!" No Mercy! No Exceptions!
3Unless I misspelled something, in which case failure to follow these instructions TO THE LETTER THAT IT SHOULD BE
4Whether to remind your enemies is up to you.

3 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 Unless I misspelled something, in which case failure to follow these instructions TO THE LETTER THAT IT SHOULD BE

Bwah ha.

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused. "By the end of this week," or "by May 25?" I'm a 2L, so I don't know why I care. I'm just curious.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

Oops... thanks anonymous #2. I did mean the end of this week, meaning by April 28. Total brain fart when I wrote May 25. It's fixed now in the post. Sorry for the confusion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home