Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Home Opener


Sure, my team sucks (1-5 baby!), but as I have mentioned before, the Twins hold a special place in my heart, even in the sucky years. And, today is the Home Opener at the wonderful stadium that the Twins play in (a.k.a. the Metrodome, or Twinkydome if you are an old, crusty White Sox announcer who still insists on being called "Hawk").1 We're having beer and hot dogs in the law library, and at least for the lunch hour, all will seem almost normal in the world.

1People like the Hawk love to disparage the Metrodome, but no matter what the critics say, the Twins still play in one of the best football stadiums in Major League Baseball

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.nataliedee.com/040606/blog-about-it.jpg

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Now with 110% more bitter! said...

YEAH - but look at them now baby!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

True, the Twins seemed to pick it up after I posted this. Maybe I should post about them every week or so to keep them winning. I'm sure my posts and their 5 game winning streak were tied together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home