Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Come Drink On Us*

All you 1Ls and 2Ls who are interested in writing onto the Minnesota Law Review next year should come to a place where the beer will flow like wine. Where citecheckers instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Auerbach. Today at 3:30. Come eat cheese and crackers and drink beer.

There you can ask questions about the journal. Or, if you are more presumptious, whether the rumor is true that after a hectic, thirty-hour citechecking session, yours truly danced across the tables of law review office singing "Butterfly Kisses" while flapping my sweatshirt like butterfly wings.1

* Not literally.
1No comment. But even if it were true, which I'm not saying it is, such conduct would be totally justified by the subject of the citecheck assignment (substantive due process) and the unbelievable amount of Laffy Taffy consumed. And I sooo totally would *not* sing "Butterfly Kisses." I sang... I mean, *would* sing a medly of great songs with the word "fly" in it. i.e. "Fly Away" by Lenny Kravitz, "I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly, "Learn to Fly" by Foo Fighters, "I'm Flying" from Peter Pan... that kind of thing. Ahem.

3 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Law Review: where they quote "Dumb & Dumber." Clearly the prestige is merited.

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If not for the cheese and crackers and beer and wine, come for the cookies and mini cheesecakes!!! mmmm....cheesecake...

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

M&M Mini, you know I love you... and I'm guessing you know how much I love cookies and cheesecakes... but seriously, come for the beer. Mmmm... Beer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home