Thursday, January 12, 2006

I Will Be Resolute

I have no idea what my New Year's Resolutions were last year, so I have no idea how I did in following them. To avoid this problem next year, I am going to blog about this year's resolutions. Plus, y'all can laugh at how generic they are.

1. Get In Shape (The Ol' Standby) - I actually started law school by losing weight over the first few months... but since then, I have grown (literally) more and more overweight. Thankfully, I'm still not morbidly obese or anything, but at one point I was at least 40 pounds over my ideal weight. The final straw was when I went to my cousin's wedding this summer, and the first words out of my grandpa's mouth were "You're getting heavy!" Now, I want to lose 30 pounds by March 1, and another 10 by the end of school in May.

2. Continue to Get Good Grades - I am very happy with my grades for this last semester (at least with the 2 that I have received so far), and I want to keep up the momentum. I hope to acheive this by being more organized with how I do my schoolwork, outlining earlier, and being more efficient while I'm at school (where I do most of my studying).

3. Don't Stress About School - Even though I want to get better grades, I want to be sure that I avoid stressing about school too much. I think that I was much better about my school stress last semester, and I want to keep that up.

4. Have A Good School-Work-Life Balance - School isn't everything. I know that now (during break). I want to remember it in the middle of the semester.

That's about it. 2005 was a pretty damn good year for me. I'm hoping 2006 can exceed the hype.

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to lose 30 pounds in 47 days? I hope you like throwing up

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger biff said...

What classes did you get good grades in?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home