Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Championship Prediction

I haven't had much I felt like commenting on recently,1 and I doubt I will for the rest of the week. I'm at work until Thursday, than the Wife and I are going to the Bahamas.2

But, I do want to publicly post my pick for tonight's College Football National Championship, so I can show that I was right all along or so you all can say "You idiot" tomorrow. Anyway, I think the winner will be:

TEXAS!

I just hope its a good game.

Update:After reading some of the analysis of the game on ESPN.com (Wojo thinks USC will win... what a surprise, the ESPN guy loves the Trojans). Anyway, one of the stories is talking about the Quarterback matchup of Vince Young vs. Matt Leinhart, and has the following quote:
Neither quarterback will shrink from the task before him. Leinart and Young haven't cowered, going all the way back to their childhoods.

Young survived the allure of Houston gangs. Leinart survived the allure of Oreos. Young overcame a brief flirtation with the street life. Leinart overcame being the overweight, cross-eyed kid. These experiences endowed the quarterbacks with tough hides, an integral part of their leadership.
I can't figure out if this guy is serious. Is he actually comparing living around gangs in Houston with almost being a fat kid in some cushy California suburb? WTF? Is this guy a retard?

1 Not even the trapped miners, the battle over renewal of the PATRIOT Act, the Abramoff mess (I knew DeLay was in Abramoff's hip pocket, but I didn't know that the President also took money from this sleaze), the fact that, once again, Fox has said it will cancel Arrested Development and seem to mean it this time (by the way, RENT or BUY the first season of Arrested Development and I defy you to not laugh, and then sign the Arrested Development Petition), etc.
2I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Either work for an airline, or marry someone who does. The perks are awesome!

4 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Now with 110% more bitter! said...

On an unrelated note... check this out:

http://doneasasociety.blogspot.com/2005/05/if-you-guys-think-weve-got-it-bad.html

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger biff said...

Good prediction.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Now with 110% more bitter! said...

Funny.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger biff said...

Heh heh heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home