Monday, December 19, 2005

Mommy, Why Does That Lion Sounds Like Oskar Schindler?

So I finally saw The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe over the weekend. It was good... and a very faithful adaptation of the book. I couldn't get too worked up about it though. For some reason, finding out that the whole thing is really about Jesus, and the fact that my church kept cramming the movie down my throat (every time we went to church, they were like "You gots to go see Aslan, because Aslan is Jesus") kind of turned me off of this movie.

The best part about the movie was learning which animals or mythical beasts are good (because fighting with Aslan = good) and which were evil (fighting with the witch = bad)
- Lions = Good
- Cheetahs (or were they leopards) = Good
- White tigers = Evil
- Centaurs = Good
- Minotaurs = Evil
- Rhinos = Good (this one surprised me)
- Freaky Gollum-Looking Type Things = Evil
- Foxes = Good (but only if they sound like Rupert Everett)
- Wolves = Evil
- Gryphons = Good (another surprise)
- Dwarfs = Evil

A very informative movie indeed.

1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Legally Intoxicated (Retired) said...

Aslan died for your sins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home