Thursday, December 01, 2005

Mmmm... Motion in Lemony

Sorry about the lack of posts... well, pretty much all semester.

After finishing my Note draft in all its Sucky Glory, I had to start a take home project for Evidence. We had to either write a written Motion in Limine1 or prepare an oral argument for the same motion in limine. Despite my desire to avoid ever speaking in school (Ever)... I decided to do the oral argument, b/c our Professor Evidence said she preferred it, and because then I wouldn't have to worry about all the "technicalities" of grammar, sentence structure, and not using the phrases "A-ight,"2 "yo"3, or "Dig"4.

So, my oral argument was today... it went well, I think. I can't really tell you about it, because there are some people still doing the take-home assignment (we could pick it up any time during the semester, but we had to be done 10 days after picking it up), but I will tell you that my client was Tom DeLay. I was tempted to say "Screw it... let him fry!"

1Pronounced Lim-eh-Nay... or as I call it lemony.
2Example: The evidence should be excluded... a'ight?
3The prosecution's argument is weak, Yo!
4Here's the story on this evidence, you dig?

4 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you make footnotes on your blog? I can't figure out how to do superscript. Thanks

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

The html tag for superscript is < sup >, and I make the little separating line using the html tag < hr width=25% align=left >

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you get the superscript to apply to just the number? Right now everything after the footnote is in superscript. Thanks (you can probably tell I'm not exactly a computer whiz)

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

Sorry, I didn't know that you hadn't done html before. You have to have a closing html tag as well, in this case < /sup >. Happy footnoting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home