Thursday, April 01, 2004

WTF Happened to My Home State?

I come from Minnesota, that northern state most people wouldn't dare visit in January, despite all there is to do there. Minnesota is historically one of the biggest Democrat bastion in the country. It's the only state to vote for Mondale in 1984 (course Mondale was from Minnesota, but still 1 democratic state vs. 49 republican states). Now, apparently it is such a battleground state, that Bush is sure he can carry it in November... see the Minnesota House Democratic Caucus' web page on this. My question is, WTF happened to make the most democratic state in the union (except for maybe California) into a Bush supporter. I hope this is just desperate attempts by W. I sure am glad I'll be a MN resident then so I can vote in this "battleground" state instead of Illinois, an almost guaranteed democrat state.

While I'm on my political rant (hey, until I have some more law school stuff to talk about, I guess I'll use this forum to spout my unsolicited views)... remember that kid in elementary school who if you picked on him at all, he ran to the teacher or the recess monitor to tell on you (hell, for about a year, I pretty much was that kid), well, our "Presidential" leader is now that kid, at least according to this L.A. times article (Kerry Aided by "Illegal" Soft Money, GOP Claims). Bush's campaign is saying that because independent organizations like the Media Fund and MoveOn.org are only running negative ads against Bush, then Kerry is getting an unfair advantage and they even went so far as to say that Kerry is part of an "unprecedented illegal conspiracy" to coordinate with these groups in their attacks of Bush, which would be in violation of recent campaign finance reform laws

(Don't even get me started on how little these laws have actually done to reform campaign finance... I mean Bush was able to build up something like $6 ka-jillion and Kerry somewhere are 30 to 35 bucks).

This is another fairly transparent claim, which would pretty much be impossible for Bush to prove even if it were true, which was made not because of evidence they have, but because they no the accusation itself is enough to confuse some of our, how shall I put it... less intelligent voters. But, as we saw in yesterday's post... negative adds work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home