Friday, March 19, 2004

Frickin' Hippies!

Today's Question From My Jeopardy! Desk calendar: Category: Baby Talk for $1200... A swimming stroke consisting of alternating overarm strokes and a flutter kick... My guess - the (front) crawl.

Answer: What is the crawl?... This one was hard at first. I was on a swim team in junior high, and I'm like "The freestyle stroke, what the hell does that have to do with babies." Anyway, perfect for the week at $3400

Song Lyric For Today
[Mumble Mumble Mumble Mumble]
LEONERD BERNSTEIN!!!!!
Patriotic [Mumble Mumble Mumble Mumble] Right?.... Right!
It's the end of the world as we know it...
- Everyone who tries to sing It's The End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) by R.E.M.

I saw this article on the Chicago Tribune site and it pissed me off. I remember this protest, and it was pretty much populated by 2 people who actually were protesting the war (so they are the only 2 I have respect for), and about 5000 college kids who just didn't want to go to class that day... and now they're suing Chicago because they were arrested for blocking traffic on Lake Shore Drive during rush hour. Arrogant little pricks. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of the war (far from it... I think it made things worse, not better), but suing a city because they arrested you for blocking traffic!?! That's not free speach.

Work News - Another amendment... more work = days go faster = weekend is almost here!

Law School News - Waitlist by U. of Michigan yesterday. Sucked a little bit, but I'm more pissed that it took them so damn long to get back to me. I sent in my applications in late November, and all my stuff (LOR's, transcripts, etc.) was in by the first week of December. How can it take 3 months! Short version, I'm not going to Michigan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home