Wednesday, March 17, 2004

May You Be In Heaven An Hour Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

Today's Question From My Jeopardy! Desk calendar: Category: Classic Logos for $1000... The 4-H club uses one of these in its symbol.

What is a four-leaf clover?... A little easy considering what day it is (St. Patty's Day), Plus $1800 for the week

Happy St. Patrick's Day from Mike.

Song Lyric For Today
Workin' all day for a mean little guy
he's got a bad toupee and a soup-stained tie.
He's got me runnin' 'round the office like a gerbil on a wheel,
he can tell me what to do, but he can't tell me what to feel
- Hey Julie by Fountains of Wayne

Work News... I don't have much time to write because I'm actually busy. We got some more work in from our main client. This time I get to write an amendment telling the patent office why they screwed up when they rejected the patent we wrote before (which pretty much happens every time you do an application... 1. File the application. 2. Rejected. 3. Amend, hoping for an allowance. 4. Rejection again (usually). 5. Amend again. 6. Allowance (hopefully)... I'm at step 3 right now). The tough part about doing amendments for an application you wrote originally, which is the case here, is that you see all the places you could have done better... or should I say you wished you had done better because it would really help you out right now. Oh well... hindsight's 20/20, and if I could see into the future I wouldn't need to write patents for other people's inventions, I'd be making the inventions myself.

Law School News... None (again). I'll be visiting two schools in Minnesota next week, so I am rapidly approaching the final decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home