Monday, March 15, 2004

Green Beer 4 Days Early... Ahhh the beauty of Chicago

Today's Question From My Jeopardy! Desk Calendar: Category: Classic Logos for $200... Metro's bird lost out to this animal to be the symbol of the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer studio.

What is a lion? (Acceptable: Leo)... An easy one to start out the week. Plus $200 for me


My wife and I went down to watch the city of Chicago dye the Chicago River green for St. Patrick's Day (as if the river weren't poluted enough). Followed by the Chicago St. Patrick's Day Parade where we got to see not one, not two, but three different Irish Dance schools perform the Riverdance... plus about four sets of bagpipers (I thought they were Scottish!?!) We had a good time, and then went to a restaurant where we each had the "traditional" Miller Lite dyed green (hopefully not from the river) along with my even more "traditional" chicken fingers platter.

Not much new on the law school front. I received a financial aid report from Minnesota, and although they have given me a scholarship... after you see the whole amount you have to pay for school, and the fact that the maximum government loan isn't enough to cover it, it's a little intimidating. Granted, Wife will be working if we go to Minnesota (for an airline no less, so cheap airfare to go with the complete lack of free time I will have to travel)... so that right there is a big help, but still I don't look forward to taking out 30 G's for next year. Well, I haven't visited it yet. Maybe I'll hate it.

Thanks to Ditzy Genius for mentioning me in your blog. I took your advice and have added my e-mail (the free Blogger appears not to support comments yet, and I'm not going to shell out money to receive no comments). I'm still plowing through your Archieves to catch up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home