Thursday, February 19, 2004

Putting My Nose To The Grindstone Before I Have An Axe To Grind

Not much to update with respect to my admissions, but I have been doing some work in preparing for law school. I have been reading "Planet Law School II" by Atticus Falcon, which strongly reccomends reviewing some materials before you start law school. So, while on the El on my way to work I have been reading and working my way through "Learning Legal Reasoning" by John Delaney, which goes through the steps of briefing a case (a staple of studying the law for many law students), and the legal reasoning skills you should acquire while briefing cases. So far it is interesting, and moderately challenging... but man are the cases esoteric. The two I've worked through so far are from the 1920's, one dealing with a criminal who flew a stolen plane from Illinois to Oklahoma (convicted at the trial level, but the Supreme Court reversed the decision because an airplane was not covered under the National Motor Vehical Theft Act) and the other with a farmer who wouldn't pay his bill for farming equipment that a company shipped to him (the courts said he was wrong and needed to pay). Anyway, from what I have read, I would reccomend either book to someone preparing for law school. I'll keep you posted when I have more news about my applications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home