Tuesday, March 23, 2004

The Hour Is Getting Late

Today's Question From My Jeopardy! Desk Calendar: Category: Change The Vowel for $600... It's "the one-and-a-half-calorie breath mint"... my guess, Tic Tacs... right?

Answer: What is a Tic Tac? Another $800 for the week.

Song Lyric For Today
"No reason to get excited,"
the thief he kindly spoke
"there are many here among us,
who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I we’ve been through that,
and this is not our fate.
So let us not talk falsely now.
The hour’s getting late."
All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix (with an awesome cover by Dave Matthews Band)

I started to post this song just because I like it... but when I really thought about this lyric it seemed that it was speaking to my current situtation. I haven't been too excited about the prospect of law school recently, and I also know the time for a decision is drawing near, and that I need to decide on law school soon. But I guess that is what this weekend's visits are all about.

Random Thought Alert: What follows is a totally random thouhgt. I want all of you to remind America's youths of a long forgotten fact... one that a corporate machine is trying to bury to push its own agenda, a corporate plot whose diabolocalness is exclipsed only by its brilliance. I am speaking, of course, about KFC's nearly total denial of "Kentucky Fried Chicken," with all the negative connotations of fried foods, and it's recent ad campaign calling it "Kitchen Fresh Chicken." Damn, kitchen fresh chicken can't be bad for you... it's what grandma makes for a summer barbeque. Kitchen fresh chicken certainly is not a battered, fried, chicken like food that pushes you closer to a heart attack with every bite. Please remind the children that it wasn't always KFC (soon to be draped in the "Kitchen Fresh" mantra), but it was Kentucky Fried Chicken... emphasis on the fried... and it was good. And we didn't care if it was fried, because we were tough. That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home