Wednesday, August 10, 2005

More Updates

Yesterday I received my first rejection from the Chicago IP Interview thing. It was from the last NY firm I interviewed with. Not a real big surprise, of all my interviews, I would have nominated for the "Most Likely to Get Me a Thin Envelope" because it was the one where I had no real feeling of connection with the interviewer. You know that feeling when you are having a good interview, and you feel like the interviewer gets you, and you can really "do no wrong." Well, there wasn't any of that with this guy... almost just the opposite. So no bonus trip to NYC, because both of the NY firms I'm interviewing with will be done on the same trip.

But, today I got a call from one of the 2 or 3 firms that I would really like to work for. Today's firm is a national IP firm with an office here in Minneapolis, and it has a really good reputation in IP law, and particularly patent law. Plus, they have offices all over the country, so if we ever want to move, there are a lot of places we could move to. So, yea me! Now don't screw it up!

3 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, and I hear Minneapolis is a veritable acropolis for IP work, or the practice of law in general . . . New York, D.C., San Franciso, Minneapolis . . . .

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

Wow, anonymous... you must have a really small... self-esteem. Yes, Minneapolis doesn't have the same level of IP work (or legal work) as NY, DC, SF and Chicago do. But there is as much IP work for a normal IP attorney here as just about any other metropolitan area (that would be per capita... obviously, the populations are different). There is a lot of innovative corporate activity in the Twin Cities that your myopia probably has no idea about. Medtronic and 3M have their HQs here, Boston Scientific has a very large operation here, as does Guidant, and there are a ton of small technology companies. In fact, I think I read somewhere (and I apologize for not being able to cite it) that the Twin Cities have more corporate activity per capita then even New York.

So don't be such a dipshit and assume that just because it's a "small market" that there isn't a lot of work to do. Just because the Twin Cities metro only has 4 million people in it doesn't mean there isn't work.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger biff said...

Congrats. I got one callback a several dings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home