Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Future Recipient of a Darwin Award

What a dumbass! Some moron jumped onto the netting behind home plate FROM THE UPPER DECK.
Harper [the retarded leaper] told three friends he was sitting with that he was going to test whether the net would hold his weight -- and then he jumped
....
After the game, Harper was carted from the ballpark on a stretcher, his head immobilized in a neck brace, and taken to Lincoln Hospital for observation.
I can't believe this guy didn't die, thus locking up a Darwin Award for killing off his stupid ass.

Seriously... I mean, C'mon!

2 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

I liked that part too. I admit that I have often wondered whether doing really stupid things like whether a net 40 feet away can hold my weight if I jump into it, and have even formulated hypotheses... but I rarely test my theories by jumping off the upper deck of a baseball stadium. Maybe I should.

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was actually at the stadium when that last happened in 2000. it was a yanks-red sox game. the funny part about that one was the ump stopped the game for like two minutes, then got sick of waiting and continued play while the guy was lying passed out on the screen. it was really funny. The guy eventaully woke up, realized where he was and started motioning for the crowd to cheer him.

After a while that got old and the crowd started to boo him until he finally climed up to the luxury boxes where security was waiting for him.

Unlike the most recent episode where the guy clearly jumped, it was unclear how this guy fell over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home