Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Examine This! and Who Are You to Interrogate Me?!

Alright, I might as well get my post-mortems out of the way for my Professional Responsibility Exam and the Loyola Patent Interview program.

PR Exam
Not too hard... but fucking long! Did Professor Discipline not know that we only had three hours, or did he just want to see us squirm to answer his 8 questions! I also liked the fact that I could have only studied Confidentiality and Conflicts of Interest and easily gotten at least a B. And where were the questions about advertising, or discipline, or ANYTHING ELSE WE SUPPOSEDLY LEARNED DURING THIS STUPID CLASS!!! The only good thing I can say about Professional Responsibility is at least I don't have to take it again (I hope).

Patent Interview Program
I don't think I made any big mistakes like saying I wanted to do litigation in a firm that only does prosecution (although I almost said I wanted to do both to a firm that only does litigation, but the guy told me they only did litigation before I opened my mouth... saved me the trouble of having to shove my foot in there). No hard questions (just the dreaded "Describe a challenging obstacle in your life and how you overcame it"... I HATE that question) and no interview where I walked away saying "I'll never hear from them again." (Although I'm sure there are quite a few firms that I'll never hear from again unless they are opposing counsel). We'll see if it was worth shelling out the $175 or so for the hotel (Side Note: You can find some pretty good deals on hotwire.com) and $25 for the flights (my wife works for an airline... man that's sweet!) for the possibility of getting some fly-back interviews.

And for everyone who was in my Torts/Physics class... I ran into Physics Guy at the event. He's a nice guy and all, but I'm glad I didn't have to hear him give any more of his patented1 fascinating speeches about the Tacoma Narrows Bridge or whatever the heck else he likes to talk about.

1Yes, that's a pun... get it? Patented? Screw you... I think it's funny.

1 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger biff said...

After I made that mistake, the interviewer really cooled off. I didn't understand why, until I talked to another guy later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home