Thursday, June 30, 2005

Happy to Get a Heavier Law School Workload

I just got a call from "them", and I made Law Review. Hooray! I report this not to brag1, but merely to inform you so you don't wonder what happened to me in the fall while I am neck deep in cite checking and swearing at professor's who don't remember what article a quote came from.

Yes, I've heard that law review takes a lot of work and that it sucks, and that it's torture2... but I don't' care, because I made it... not so good grades and all. In fact, I care much less that my grades are not so good, because I have a little bit of a feather in my cap3 to make up for the fact that I probably won't be in the top quartile.

But just so I know what I'm getting into, I must ask all you current and former law reviewers, how much does it suck? Like Star Wars: Episode I suck or only Star Wars: Episode II suck?

Update: Congratulations to my good friend M&M Mini, who also made law review. I'm kind of anxious for class tonight (did I ever mention I'm taking a class this summer?) to hear who else has made it, and if any other journals are making offers yet.

1OK, maybe to brag a little bit... I did work hard for 2 damn weeks on that stupid petition... and when have you ever heard of a law student who can completely resist bragging about themselves every once in awhile.
2Not to mention the fact that I will have to return one day early from my family vacation for Law Review orientation, which kind of sucks.
3Or should I say "on my resume"

8 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am on, too. And as someone who is cite-checking all summer for Con Com, I can say that it is really not hard at all. Just time-consuming. But not hard. So, it should be fun!

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Condolences! Oops, I mean Congratulations! ha:)

It doesn't suck that bad. Yeah cite checking sucks and so does writing a note, all of this while you are trying to interview, go to classes, and maybe work. But it's fun sometimes and can be interesting. The people (at least at my school) are pretty damn cool. I like it, usually. Just take it easy and don't let it overwhelm you and try to have fun.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Now with 110% more bitter! said...

Congrats! I mean, I hate you. I have yet to hear anything, which clearly isn't good news. I did, however, have a missed call on my cell, but no message and no number. Now I am going to be completely messed up this weekend. Great. But again, congrats!

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

It's a great experience. Lots of work, but in many ways a great experience.

And think about it this way: if you pick the right Note topic, it isn't too different from writing a massive brief to a court.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger biff said...

Hey that's great. Congrats.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big congrats! Glad to see all the stress paid off.

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats. I didn't see this post earlier. Sounds like all the hard work paid off!

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your ascension to the brethren. It is not really that bad, much easier than class and no final-not to mention the inevitable relief that comes from being able to express your own opinion about the law and leave the reasonable man behind. Just a note from an uptight 3L law review member as you are wading through the horrid fall semester and trying to interview, do classes and law review. When you put your lofty designation on "your resume" please remember resume means to continue a previously started task-add the accents, look like you deserve your achievement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home