Monday, September 13, 2004

Old Skool?

I shouldn't venture over to the main campus... it makes me feel too old. Today I decided to eat in the Union of the main campus instead of hanging around the law school. Big mistake. First of all, there's still the melee of all the new students getting their books in the bookstore and it's lunchtime so people are crammed into the cafeteria. So I went into the convenience store to maybe get a snack to tide me over until the crush at the pizza stand works its way through and the song "My Own Worst Enemy" by Lit comes on the store's radio... and I hear someone utter the following.

"Wow, we're really going old school with this one."

I couldn't believe it. Either I am too old for this, or this kid was way too young... because he was referring to a 5 year old song as "old school." Isn't old school like stuff from the '60s or '70s, and in some cases the early '80s. I better sit down before I break a hip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home