Friday, June 11, 2004

I've Got Criticism Now!1

Another legal blogger, Greg Geolzhauser, has linked to my post about personal jurisdiction, taking me to task about my symptoms of gunnerism1. To be fair, Greg's post was obviously in jest (mostly), but I want to respond briefly.

The rumor I desperately want to dispel is Greg's implied allegations that I am a gunner who is merely trying to "get ahead" of my fellow classmates. While it is true I am reading the E&E primers2, I am mostly doing it for my own peace of mind. As my regular readers will know, I am married and we recently bought a townhouse for our move back to Minnesota. I figured I am going to have enough stress as it is when law school starts (No Money, NO Money, NO MONEY!), so why not see some of the terminology and concepts ahead of time? It's only my time I'm wasting.

I am in no way trying to read ahead to be one of the pricks that you hear about... who reads everything ahead of time, and then pretends like they just get it, and that you must be stupid because you have to put in a little work. I have never, to my knowledge, been one of those guys, and I don't want to start now. If I do become one of those pricks, I give everyone at Minnesota permission to gang up on me and beat the pre-learned information out of my head... although you'll have to get in line, because Wife will already be there taking the first few swings.

1 There's no such thing as bad publicity
2Among his other complaints, are my liberal use of footnotes2a
3 (Foot)note to Greg, I actually already have read the Torts, Contracts, and Property primer... so you may want to update your post accordingly.

2aTake That! A foot-footnote

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home