Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Free Lunch

Like I do most mornings before work, I packed a lunch this morning1. And, like I've done several times before, I left the damn thing on my kitchen table, which, hopefully, my cats haven't eaten yet.

Don't you hate it when that happens? You put in all that work2 to make a lunch, usually to save a little money, and you don't bring it so you are forced to go out anyway and buy lunch.

Luckily, I was rescued because a new employee started today, and my boss took him out to lunch, and I got to go too. Woo-Hoo! Free lunch, and I already have my lunch packed for tomorrow, assuming there is no feline interference. Back to work.

1 Nothing special, just a turkey sandwich with wholesome Kraft Singles cheese (with 2 cups of milk in every slice, not vegetable oil like the other brands), some grapes, and an apple
2 We're talking almost two whole minutes of my precious morning prep time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home