Monday, May 24, 2004

Why I Hate the L.A. Lakers

I am not a big basketball fan... especially pro basketball. I am more of a football and baseball fan. But, I have been watching the NBA playoffs because I casually follow the Minnesota Timberwolves (formerly the Minne-Ha-Ha Timberpuppies), who, as you may know are playing the L.A. Lakers in the Western Conference Finals. So here is my list of the Top 5 reasons why I hate the L.A. Lakers:

1. They are playing the Minnesota Timberwolves in the Western Conference Finals... and because I am a T-Wolves fan, I must hate their opponent.
2. They are the New York Yankees of basketball... that is, they are arrogant a**holes who don't create a good team through hard work, they buy one.
3. Kobe Bryant should be in jail, not on the basketball court... As good as he is, he is accused of sexually assaulting a woman (however questionable her story may be), and he doesn't seem to be taking it very seriously.
4. Shaq isn't really that great... If you were several inches or at least 100 pounds heavier than everyone on the court, or both, you should be able to dominate them too. If I played my 7 year old cousin in basketball, I sure as hell hope I would be able to shoot over him... and if he fouled me, I would be able to sink more than 38% of my free throws
5. Karl Malone is a two-bit thug... He has a history of playing dirty, and last night's ejection for intentionally slamming, with his forearm no less, into a guy who he outweighed by about 100 to 150 pounds was just the latest in his long line of thuggery.

I could probably think of more if I had to, but this will do for now. I plan on getting back on topic, at least for one post, by writing about my work experience and how I expect it will effect law school and my future career (coming tomorrow or Wednesday, I hope).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home