Friday, January 27, 2006

These Casebooks Are Making Me Thirsty

I've finished my first full week of this semester (last week was only a partial week because we didn't have class on MLK Jr. Day), and here are my observations of this semester so far:
- My Tuesdays suck! - I have four classes essentially back to back to back to back1, three of the classes being an hour and a half long instead of just an hour.
- I'm in this year's T.O.R.T. musical (see my short recap of last year's musical to get an idea of what this entails), but I'm starting to regret it. Not because it won't be fun (because it will), but because it will take up one-and-half assloads of time from my already loaded schedule. We have three hours of rehearsal a week (6 if you are a "lead," which I am not) for now, and then for the two weeks before the show I think we have 354 hours of rehearsal. Oh well, the show is funny, but will it still be funny after I've seen it roughly 45 times.
- Business Associations/Corporations is (and I don't want to overstate) the MOST BORING CLASS ever! It makes Civ. Pro. look like a Torts class where the professor hires The Second City to perform the actual Torts. Corporate governance, rivoting.
- Admin. law isn't much better. So far I've already ready most of the cases we have discussed, back in Con Law when we talked about the nondelegation "doctrine." Worst of all, this is my latest class of the day (my fourth class on Tuesday, my third on Wednesday), and by the end, I really couldn't give a good god damn about whether Congress has properly delegated authority to on of the kagillion alphabet soup agencies in the Federal government.
- "Advanced Patents" is not advanced. It is merely more of the same from "Patents" last semester. Call it "Patents II" and be happy with that.
- Trademarks is pretty cool. I have it with Professor Contracts, and despite the fact that she still can't tell people to stop asking ridiculous questions. But, at least I like the subject in Trademarks. And, as far as I know, there is no "Mail Box Rule" or "Battle of the Forms" in Trademarks.
- So far, Statistics for Lawyers is really just Statistics. I'm hoping that at some point we are going to actually apply these statistical methods to some kind of lawyerly-like situation, because I could have just looked back at my Stats notes from College if I wanted to remember how to calculate the standard deviation of a data set.

I'm also behind on my reading in two of my classes, so Friday night will be spent catching up and editing my law review note for the final submission. On the plus side, in just 3 1/2 months, I will be a Law School Senior and will be working for an obscene amount of money this summer. Let's hope I make it.

1I have one 30 minute "break," but after almost 4 straight hours of class

4 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who do you have for admin law?

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

Hickman... I think she has the only Admin. Law class this semester.

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh. I want to take admin law, but I want to take it from Washburn.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

Hickman is pretty good... she's fairly engaging and entertaining, and one of my friends had her for another class (Tax, I think) and said she gives fair exams. That's all I can really ask for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home