Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Show Must Go On

My wife and I went and saw Walter Wonka and the Lawyer Factory1, the law school musical by Minnesota Law School's TORT2 theater group over the weekend. It was awesome. I don't think I've laughed that much all year. Highlights included (but are certainly not excluded to) the following:
- My legal writing instructor playing rich "socialite" London Ramada, who go into the lawyer factory because her daddy gave the dean a plane.
- The lega-loompas and their acrobatics
- The "Mondalian Rhapsedy" (to the tune of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsedy) which included Walter Wonka writing rejection and wait-list letters (my favorite... the wait list letter included the phrase "I am waiting to see if people smarter than you bail on me.")
- The song "Give Them Pizza" (to the tune of ABBA's Mama Mia!) - referring to the method of getting students to attend a group's meetings
- My property professor playing a professor who buys into the gunner's suck-up ways.

There are many more, but overall the musical was awesome. I really wish I would have taken part in it this year. I have to be sure to be involved next year.


1In honor of Walter Mondale, former vice president of these United States, and an alumni of the law school.
2Theater Of the Relatively Talentless

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. We had a great time putting it on.

Joe Gratz
Director, TORT 2005
www.joegratz.net

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

Joe,

Thanks for your comment. I loved the show. I just wish I would have been a part of it. I'll do something for the show next year, even if it's just a crew member.

And thanks for reading my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home