Thursday, February 24, 2005

Sympathy for the (Recruiting) Devil*

WARNING: Ranting Ahead

Recruiting directors have way too much power, and they wield it with impugnity. I applied for a job at a firm here in Minneapolis that was going to hire 3 1Ls for this summer... but, alas, I didn't even get called for a screening interview. I can't really figure out a reason for this, since next to none of my classmates have the legal experience I do, and I have strong ties to the city (which is important to Minneapolis firms). The only reason I can think of for this would be my less than stellar grades1. So I guess grades do matter... at least when searching for a 1L summer job.

I still have a couple strong prospects for a job this summer... but this one really hurt. Oh well... life sucks sometimes.


*I've decided to try titling my posts after songs, and I am starting w/ the Rolling Stones because, well the Stones rock.
1Not bad grades, mind you, just not awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home