Monday, August 22, 2005

But Our Mics Are Screwed Up, And His Always Sound Best

Here's a little tip to all you peoples planning a wedding. If you want dancing at your reception, hire a DJ. But, if you are going to forego the cheaper option of a DJ and decide to hire a band, DO NOT hire a band that is made up of a bunch of aging friends of the father of the groom... and if you must hire your dad's friends' "band," make sure they are actually good and don't sound like a screech owl when the lead "singer" is trying to hit the high notes of "When a Man Loves a Woman."

My wife and I went to my counsin's wedding over the weekend, and my cousin did not ask for my advice ahead of time, because if she had, I would have given her the same advice as above. Oh well.

Other than the music adventures, the wedding was fine. The wedding party had 11 bridesmaids and 11 groomsman, and they still managed to fly through the whole service in 16 minutes.

We'll be taking off on our Cancun trip bright and early tomorrow morning (assuming the srike-affected Northwest Airlines can get us there), so I will probably be silent until at least next Monday.1 Hasta luego!

1Please keep your cheers regarding my silence to yourselves until I've left the country.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice!!! Totally looking for a band :o) Have a great time in Mexico and I'll see you August 30!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home