Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Hey You, Get Off of My Cloud

The Supreme Court has ruled that it doesn't matter that the Commerce Clause foundation for allowing the DEA to prosecute interstate growing of medicinal marijuana is shaky, they're going to uphold it anyway.

I never thought of myself as being a real big supporter of federalism, but this seems to be a huge case of Congress (and now the Supreme Court) butting in on the State's business. But, maybe I just feel this way because this ruling shoots the hell out of the analysis in my petition where I argued essentially the opposite of what the Supreme Court held regarding the Commerce Clause... albeit on a different issue... *sigh*. However, there is at least one argument I made that would undercut the Supremes' analysis... so that's cool, but I'm pretty sure my minor argument would not sway the majority in its quest to destroy my chances of making Law Review.

Stupid Supreme Court! Who are they to judge?

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Now with 110% more bitter! said...

Well, my petition sounded a whole lot like the S.Ct. opinion... now if one of us makes Law Review and the other one doesn't, we can read WAY too much into all of this.

It was fun to read the opinion though, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home