Friday, April 01, 2005

I Wanna Tell Her That I Love Her But The Court Is Probably Moot

Yesterday was my preliminary round of oral arguments for legal writing. It was fun and not fun. I swear at one point I completely froze like a deer in headlights and could actually feel my heart stop. And my mouth was so dry I could hear it clicking. Apparently the only good things about my presentation are I was "very polite" to the judges (I don't know if that's good or bad), I was very thorough (again, not sure if that is good, since oral arguments are supposed to be more about the big picture), and apparently I made an excellent point during my rebuttal (which I wish I would have held back until the final round).

About the only thing I can say about oral arguments is when you are watching someone else do it, and they get a little tripped up by a question, you know exactly what you would have said and how great your point would have been... BUT, when it's your turn, you go blank, and it sucks. It sucks hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home