Friday, March 25, 2005

More Evidence of My Caucasuosity

I linked to this post about my whiteness yesterday, and it got me to thinking about how much of a suburban white guy I am. Here's more proof:

I do not understand the fascination with 50 "Fiddy"1 Cent. As far as I can tell he isn't any better of a rapper/hip-hop "artist" (sarcasm quotes for Fiddy, not for hip-hop) than other artists, although I'll freely admit I could be wrong due to my pale, nearly transparently white skin2. In fact the music seems downright horrible. And why do we want to glorify such a blatant thug3? I just don't get it, and moreover, I don't want to get it4.

Oh well, I think I'll go back to listening to my Lawrence Welk records and talking about the "good old days" of music. Remember Bob Dylan, man he was something *Sigh*....

1For those of you young en's, when I was a kid, this was pronounce Fif-tee, so that both the second "F" and the "T" were actually spoken. That's your history lesson for today.
2I'm not a rap fan, but if I had to pick an actual artist from the music I've heard, I would pick Snoop Dog or Dr. Dre.
3 Isn't he an admitted crack dealer? Plus there's his pride in being a "P.I.M.P."
4This is not only evidence of how white I am, but how old I am. When I actually listen to the Top 40 station to check out what the kids are listening to these days, I've been known to utter the phrase "I just don't get this music." Oh well, at least I don't say "It's so loud! You kids will blow your ears out." When that happens next week, then I will be truly ancient.

3 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger biff said...

Dude: most of his fans are white.

Also, sorry about U Dub.

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your post about the Lil Jon song and I don't think I have laughed that hard in months. However, I am a black 22 year old from the south so perhaps it was funnier to me to me than it would be to others. Anyway I enjoy reading your blog and and keep it coming with the subtle jokes and sarcasm. I especially liked your tidbit on the Sumpreme Court being affiliated with Diana Ross!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

Shanti

The Lil' John post has driven more traffic to this blog than anything else I have written. I get more hits from people searching for "What Does Skeet Skeet Mean?", "lil john skeet skeet song" and the like than I do for my regular posts. Oh well. Thanks for reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home