Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Give Me A Job... Gimme, Gimme, Gimme

I sent off some cover letters and resumes yesterday (I would have sent all of them, but my printer ran out of ink). I'm getting them off a little late (about 2 or 3 weeks late), so I hope I still have a shot. I think I should be fine, because if I were a law firm hiring partner, I wouldn't want to think about new young punks until after the New Year anyway, so then I'm really only a week late. Then, hopefully my three years of legal work experience will be enough to get a foot in the door. That is, if the hiring manager will read anything past the phrase "I am a first year law student at..."

Now I get to play the waiting game, at least until I haven't heard anything for a few weeks and then I call the firms to get rejected orally. I'll keep you updated as the rejection letters roll in. Yeah, rejections are fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home