Thursday, January 13, 2005

Fricken' Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

It is finally Minnesota-like out. Today, it got down to 5 below zero, and I got to walk around in it. I had to go down to the law school and buy one of my textbooks (I got the rest at Barnes & Noble and saved a little coin), and it was fricken' cold. I also decided to go to the downtown Minneapolis library and get a library card (I already have one for the suburb I live in, but wanted to get access to the larger collection of the Minneapolis library). Bad idea. First, for some stupid reason the library doesn't open until Noon on Thursday's, and I was there at 10:30. Minneapolis is one city you don't want to be walking around on a "crisp"1 January day.

I also decided to try taking Minneapolis' new light rail home. I still have my student transit pass from last semester, so I figured "Why not?" The light rail has a kind of honor code way of paying fairs where they only check randomly to see if people have paid for tickets. I didn't get checked and when I got off the train, I looked at my transit pass and saw that it was only good for buses. So what started as an attempt to test ride Minneapolis' attempt to jump on the mass transit bandwagon ended up in me ripping off the city for $1.75. Oops! I don't feel too bad about it, because if I had known I just would have taken the bus like normal, and they wouldn't have gotten that $1.75 anyway.

I only have one more weekday before the start of my second semester of law school. I wish I had another week to sleep. Oh well, I'll sleep when I'm dead.

1Crisp is Norwegian for "Fricken' Cold"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home