Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Dilemma

My backpack is rapidly turning to frayed dust under the titanic weight of my law textbooks, outlines, laptop, and highlighters1. Therefore, I need to buy a replacement soon. My problem is I don't know whether to get another backpack or get a messenger type bag (like a Timbuk2 messenger) in its place.

I need something that can carry a laptop and at least 2, and preferably three law books (even better, all 4) at the same time. Does anyone have any recommendations? What do you have? Do you like it? If you don't like your bag, why? If you love your bag, what about it do you love? Your help is much appreciated.

1You may ask "Do your highlighters really make that much of a difference?" To which I reply "Well I have roughly 3 trillion of them in order to have an adequate supply to keep up with the reading, so yes."

2 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger ambimb said...

If the bag you describe exists, I want one, too! The problem is that if the bag is big enough to carry that load, I'm probably not strong enough to carry the bag. As it is I have a large Timbuk2 messenger bag and it can carry the laptop and two of the most massive law books you'll ever find (or 3-4 smaller ones), but once it's all loaded like that it's no fun to bike with, let me tell you. I swear, if law books were smaller I'd read more. As it is, I sometimes just skip reading b/c I just can't deal w/hauling the necessary books around. Yeah, I are a bad law student. But if you find this perfect bag, let me know. If you don't, the Timbuk2 is pretty handy, sturdy, etc. Also pricey, but you might get what you pay for w/a bag like this.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

I know whay you mean. I ended up getting a Timbuk2 laptop messenger bag. It has a sleve for my laptop already built in, and it is big enough to carry three books. Although, when my Con Law book is in there, it is pushing it. So far so good.

Did I forget to mention that I also wanted a bag that did the lifting for me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home