Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Silence is Golden

Today marked the first day when some idiot forgot to turn of their cell phone, and it rang in class. And that idiot was... ME!1 Normally, my phone has absolutely no reception in the law building (I don't know why, but I think it might have something to do with the wireless network... or that T-mobile has no towers near my building), so I normally don't even think about my phone. Well, for some reason, at the exact moment that someone tried to call me, my phone got a signal, and you could hear my ring blaring through the classroom.

What was that old commercial about "You never get a second chance to make a first impression." Great. I'm not even that mad that it happened, or that it happened to me... Mostly I'm pissed because I was the first dolt that forgot.

1I realize that this pretty much ruins any chance I have at remaining anonymous, at least to my section-mates and the professor of that class... but I think people here at Minnesota could figure it out anyway, and I just don't have the energy to check every one of my posts to make sure I am removing any chance of anonymity... so I saidh screw it. Plus, you all have a right to learn from my stupidity, and to laugh at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home