Friday, April 09, 2004

Final School Gets Back to Me

Last night I got a decision from the last school on my list (Virginia)... and I was waitlisted. I kind of expected it because it took so long I knew I wasn't an automatic admit or an automatic ding. I figured it was taking so long because I kept getting knocked back into the "decide later" pile (in admission mumbo-jumbo this is called a "deferred decision") because they wanted to see what the rest of their applicant pool looked like (basically waiting for better people).

I'm a little disappointed, but not really. Virginia is a great school with a great reputation, and it is in a beautiful area of the country, so in that respect, it sucks. But, I didn't particularly want to live in Virginia permanently (although I would prefer it to California or New York) or to work in D.C. (which I'm guessing is the final destination for a lot of UVA Law grads), and I my wife really didn't want to live in Virginia, so in that respect it didn't really break me up too much.

I also say that my seat deposit check was deposited by Minnesota, so I will probably start receiving a flood of information from them, which is good because I have about a thousand questions that they need to answer at some point, including their help in how the hell I'm going to pay for this place (I know, private loans, but I need some help on how to get them, etc.) I'll keep you posted.

Hey, look at that, a post without anything political. Well, I can't have that. Check out this article by Josh Marshall from Talking Points Memo regarding Bush's vacation time while in office. All I can say is I wish I had a job where in the past 3 1/4 years I could take 500 days of vacation... wait, 500 days? That's over 1 and 1/3 freakin' years of vacation! That's almost half the time he's been in office! OK, 40% of the time... but still, that's a shload1 of vacation... and not a bad salary to boot.


1 A contraction of shit load... yeah, my first footnote!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home