Monday, July 18, 2005

Emily, You Saucy B*$%#!

Some of you (OK, my wife) may remember how Charley cut my vacation short last year... and now Emily has torn through Cancun, where we had planned to go in just a few short weeks. It seems my family has bad luck when it comes to summer vacations in sunny locales.

We should know by today or tomorrow if the house we were going to be staying in still exists or is so damaged that we have to cancel our trip.

In other news, I have an exam for Professional Responsibility in just over a week that I am NOT ready for (of course, reading Harry Potter all weekend instead of studying probably did not help my preparations). I will have to start outlining tonight, and I hope it will go quickly. I don't think it will be too challenging since most of the material is fairly straightforward, but I have put it off way too long.

I also will be at the Loyola Patent Interview Program in Chicago next Thursday-Saturday. Hopefully the interviews won't interfere too much with trips to Brew & View, Second City, and Giordano's (especially Giodano's).

3 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger biff said...

I left a review on one of those Cozumel resorts on hotels.com. Are you going to dive?

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Now with 110% more bitter! said...

I feel your pain... outlining PR or diving into HP... such a decision. I looked over my notes for PR - and here's some thoughts to get you started on that "massive" outline you will need to do:

1) Get a moral compass.
2) Don't steal from clients.
3) If you steal from clients, tell the LPRB ASAP.
4) If you are going to steal from clients, do pro bono work to prevent you from being disbarred.
5) Have sex with clients instead of charging them. Or maybe that was supposed to be - Don't have sex with clients instead of charging them. I'm not really sure.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Unreasonable Man said...

Igots... I've never been diving before, and I'm guessing certification is pricey in those resort areas. So, no diving. Probably just laying on the beach, a little drinking, and maybe some jet-skiing. Good times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home