Thursday, June 17, 2004

Fantasy Blogging

This week's Sports Illustrated has an interesting article on Fantasy Sports (Fantasy Football, Fantasy Baseball, etc.) which is now a $1 Billion+ "industry". I never really got into the whole fantasy sports thing. When I was 10 or so, I "helped" my dad with a Rotisserie Baseball1 league at his work... and it was kind of fun, but after that we never did it again. It seems there are fantasy leagues for everything, Fantasy NASCAR, Fantasy Bass Fishing, Fantasy Soccer (which the Brits, of course, call Fantasy Football), and Fantasy Cricket (big in India).

"So what does this have to do with law school?" you may ask2. Well, there is even... and I could not make this up... a Fantasy Supreme Court League, where you predict the Nine Robes rulings and what the vote will be for each case during a Supreme Court "Season" (October-June) to win points. I don't know whether this is sad or interesting.

I have tons of stuff to blog about that I hope to get to today, so check back regularly. Over and out.

1 The original incarnation of Fantasy Baseball
2 As if I've NEVER gone off topic before

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home