Thursday, December 14, 2006

Chen Go Bye Bye

I pause from my blogging of pick up lines for this announcement:

Dean Jim Chen will be leaving the law school to become "Da Dean" at University of Louisville's Brandeis School of Law.

Once again, Minnesota let a good scholar and good teacher slip away (some other recent defections include Prof. Farber and Prof. Frickey who are both at Boalt Hall now). They are quickly becoming the Fox Network of Law School Primetime programming... good shows, but they don't know what to do with them, so they just cancel them.

4 Comments:

At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Chen...I missed the review session and apparently never wrote it down - is the test open book?

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I feel like nothing interesting happened my first two years of law school - then I go off-campus for third year, and it's a drama fest. What the heck is going on back there?

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Gopher-Goof said...

I had a feeling that Chen was going to bolt as soon as he was offered a chance to be Dean at a decent law school. I considered myself a Chen groupie, probably my favorite law school professor. Hell, I took Regulated Industries just because he taught it. Shame.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least the law school won't wind up in a sexual harassment lawsuit (assuming the statute of limitation expires peacefully)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home