Friday, August 13, 2004

Charley And The Hurricane Factory

My in-laws, my wife and I just got back from our vacation on Fort Myers Beach in Florida. In case any of you are paying attention to the news right now... Charley the Hurricane (which I think sounds much more friendly that Hurricane Charley) is currently pounding Fort Myers, FL. In fact, just two days ago we were closing up the rental house we got on Ft. Myers Beach and driving the owners car to the mainland before driving to Miami to fly back home to Minnesota. We were mad because our trip was supposed to go through Monday, and we had to leave early because of this stupid old hurricane.

Well, now Charley is a class 4 hurricane (class 5 is the worst), with 145 mile-per-hour winds, and most likely the island we were on is now completely flooded. I know I should be more concerned for the people on the island and the rest of Ft. Myers, and I really do hope there is no loss of life or injuries there, but I'm glad that the damn hurricane did hit our little vacation spot with full force so that our evacuation was not in vain. I know that makes me a bad person, at least a little bit, but whatever, that bastard Charley ruined my vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home